Best Student Posters will be selected among students presenting posters in Beijing. The submission and selection rules are outlined below. Students are encouraged to submit posters.
· First place: $600, certificates for each co-author
· Second place: $400, certificates for each co-author
· Third place: $200, certificates for each co-author
· The cash award is meant to be shared among all co-authors of the posters except the professors.
· Awardees will be announced on 8/5 morning and presentation will be made at the Banquet on 8/5.
· Authors need to follow the format in the template (attached in Abstract and Biography Submission).
· Submission deadline: 5pm (Pacific Time), 6/1/07.
3. Poster Presentation
· All posters will be presented by students and post-docs.
· Poster should follow the format in the template (will be posted on line).
· Each poster will be allocated a 3-minute slot for oral introduction
· Poster viewing times are either in Session 1 (7/30) or 2 (8/1). The co-authors should take turns to host their poster.
4. Selection Process
· Posters will be judged based on research quality and poster presentation.
· A 5-member external panel will be invited to evaluate the posters.
· Score will be collected before 8/4, and decision announced after the morning coffee break on 8/5.